TUESDAY TAKEAWAYS, PART 2
Eat. Digest. It's a fundamental 2-step process. We consume (food, information, etc.) and then we process what we've taken in. So it goes for Women's Compass Forum. We provide both the information and a system to help digest and process it. It makes sense that the second week of Month 1 is dedicated to our bodies and minds. Health is the most valuable "asset" we have, and the foundation of everything we do. Delving deep into financial and legal tasks requires sound judgement, clear thinking and - quite often - the ability to manage our own anxiety and limiting beliefs around money and power.
Michelle's excellent webinar this week provided a blueprint for all that and more. I don't know how she does it, but Michelle has the magical ability to make us feel calmer and more energized all at the same time! She covered all of the essentials we often take for granted, and tools to hit the ground running toward better nutrition, hydration, movement, sleep and mindfulness. What's more - we received many wonderful, useful suggestions from our group, from products to services to helpful tips. That's a lot to pack into one hour! Here are just a few of the highlights:
1. Set up a sleep sanctuary by removing clutter and electronics! Create a warm diffuse light with incandescent bulbs, and consider red bulbs which are conducive to sleep. If neighbors or sunlight are an issue, add blinds or heavy curtains.
2. Replace your morning coffee with a Matcha Green Tea Latte! Try to look for a green tea that is 3rd party tested for lead toxicity. Michelle likes DoMatcha - Organic Summer Harvest - Stir in some nut milk and organic cocoa for a twist. It's loaded with antioxidant polyphenols and L-theonine that has been shown in studies to reduce anxiety and stress, as well as improve cognition and mood.
3. Download Cronometer - a great tool to use as a food/movement journal to help you see patterns and keep track of micro/macro nutrients.
4. Try Square Breath - or Box Breath as it is sometimes called - for reducing stress
and lowering cortisol levels. It is used by emergency works when their bodies are in fight or flight during stressful situations.
Exhale deeply. Inhale through the nose slowly counting to four.
Pause and retain the breath for four counts.
Exhale slowly through the nose counting to four.
Pause for four counts and repeat.
5. If better nutrition is one of your goals, Michelle is launching an optional 30 Days to Healthy Eating Challenge. A reminder - don't let perfection get in the way of your health goals. Make one shift and let that change lead you to another. Learn how to listen to your body and what it needs. Take notice of your emotional triggers, cravings and habitual behavior that may no longer be serving you. Our bodies needs change corresponding to different stages of our life, seasonally or if we are addressing any health issues. Most of all, find the foods that are healthy for you and that you also enjoy! Yes, it's a lot to digest! That's why we're here, with tools and a roadmap to help you navigate every step of the way. If you haven’t registered yet, don’t worry. Everything you'll need, including webinar recordings, our workbook, spreadsheets and chat transcripts are uploaded and available to the class and all new registrants. We hope you'll join us!